The Highwoods #BetterTogether campaign is a company-wide mindset that we are just that – better together.
Highwoods is in the work-placemaking business and strives to partner with our customers to create great workplaces that are transformative, innovative, distinctive and collaborative. With a keen focus on customer service and the employee experience, we recognize the great value in creating the most compelling, competitive and supportive workplace for a team to thrive.
Highwoods strives to create resilient, healthy and adaptable workplaces that anticipate the changing needs of our stakeholders and promote health and well-being. We are firmly committed to our responsibility to minimize environmental impacts resulting from the development and operations of our buildings. We evaluate and monitor every building in our portfolio looking for smart, sustainable ways to reduce our carbon footprint.
- We are committed to reducing the environmental impact of our properties.
- We aim to push the envelope on sustainable building design and operations through innovative technologies, industry engagement and key partnerships.
- We are committed to using best-in-class ESG reporting standards that promote data quality and reliability in performance measurement.
- We are committed to achieving a low-carbon footprint through an asset life cycle perspective (site selection, development, acquisition and asset management).
- We aim to provide a safe and healthy work environment and improve the overall health and well-being of our employees.
- We are committed to improving the well-being of our customers by designing workspaces that promote health and wellness.
- We aim to engage with employees, customers and our communities in continuously promoting the Highwoods culture of service.
- We are committed to advancing our diverse and inclusive culture within Highwoods and to engage with our partners and supply chain on diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- We are committed to managing our company in an ethical and transparent manner.
- We aim to maintain a resilient balance sheet which allows us to invest, grow and create value for all stakeholders.
- We are committed to an integrated Enterprise Risk Management framework that drives resilience across the organization.
- We believe in Board Independence and that the Board and Management exercise judgment and oversight over company operations, including ESG, that are aligned with business, stakeholder and societal interests.
NC State Cooperative Program
Students interested in energy-related careers gain real-world, hands-on training at Highwoods through our partnership with the NC State Cooperative Program. Learn how this has impacted key sustainability efforts.